Union Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh said that the Government of India has taken up a major agriculture aspect i.e. Agriculture marketing.
The government of India is stepping forward to connect 22,000 mandis of the nation with the National Agriculture Market (e-NAM) by 2021-22.
which is an online trading platform for the farmers to trade their agricultural commodities. 2021-22.
This project has effectively taken up in Five major states. Around 585 mandis have been connected with e-NAM and we are intending to increase up to 22,000 mandis the nation over by FY22.
The government of India is executing a few projects to build up the rural segment and improve the financial state of farmers.
- Reducing the cost of cultivation of agriculture
- Providing remunerative prices for the produce
- Reducing post-harvest losses
- Reducing risk through ‘Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana'(PMFBY)
- Subsidiary occupation generation for the farmers.
Successful encouragement for “doubling of farmers income”.